TitleBarRed

TitleBarRed

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Top 5 Things That Happened While I was Away

For those of you who don't follow my Facebook page, or more specifically, my wife's Facebook page. Then you may have been wondering what I've been up to the last few weeks. I haven't been posting or doing much trolling about on Google+, not because of any lack of abhorrent activity coming out of Washington, but because I've basically been on vacation! From Alabama to Chicago to Augusta to Atlanta with just enough time in between to rest and not fall too far behind at the office.

Now It's back into the grind, a little bit more rejuvenated and with a new sense of optimism that I look forward to being squashed and squandered as I allow myself to be re-ingested into the org that is today's media and political landscape. As an effort to move that process along, here are the top 5 things that it would appear I missed while I was unplugged from society and a knee jerk reaction to the story without knowing any of the details.

5. Plane gets shot down in a war zone: That sucks, if only there where some way that the plane could have known that it was flying through a freaking war zone!

4. Ted Cruise Fundraiser turns into bloodbath: I actually caught some footage of this one last Sunday evening on HBO. Turns out that profane, blood sucking elitist don't like Ted Cruz, vampires don't like him either.

3. Gubernatorial Candidate Hatch got mentioned in the news: Granted, it was basically to make fun of the paltry amount of money he's raised in comparison the 5 term incumbent Governor Terry Branstad, but any press is good press, right?

2. Obama went golfing: Remember when we had a President who was sensitive enough to realize how infuriating it was to people for a President to go Golfing while Americans were at war?

1. Turns out, the Economy is doing Great!: I know, I was surprised when the Rev. Al Sharpton announced it too. Apparently a smaller work force, a drop in GDP, huge increases in food stamps enrollments and huge drops in personal wealth are all offset by a huge growth of wealth on... Wall Street. So the new Democratic economic plan is clear, just keep up the flow of cash into big corporations and everyone wins!

Sometimes I hate this obsessive need to pay attention to things...

No comments:

Post a Comment