|Bush hosting Israeli Prime Minister|
Ariel Sharon while on Vacation
|Bush Vacationing |
w/ Saudie Arabia's
Crown Prince Abdullah
By this logic, Gilligan and the Skipper should have been very well rested up after taking their three year vacation to an island.
|Bush on Vaca with NATO General Jaab|
|Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi |
visiting Bush while he's on Vacation
|United Kingdom PM Tony Blair |
checking out Bush's Vacation digs
And speaking of parties, now that we've looked a little closer at what Bush did on Vacation, let's take a closer look at what Obama does 'on the clock'...
|Obama, while not on Vacation|
- He far exceeds his predecessors on the number of fund raisers.
- The first sitting President to appear on a Late Night talk show.
- The first sitting President to visit a daytime talk show.
- The first President to make a live appearance during Super Bowl coverage.
- He has set the record for travel expenses, even accounting for inflation.
These appearances and fundraisers are what he considers to be part of his job. It's hard to justify their frequency with any other rationale. Take that the photo of him there with David Letterman occurred while Obama was in New York just before a UN general assembly where he met with exactly zero heads of states. But, of course, had time for another fundraiser with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Also, not considered a vacation.
Go ahead and say all that Bush did was go on vacation. Personally, I would look to a leader who got something done while on vacation over a leader who thinks it's his job to travel around and meet celebrates on the tax payers dime.