TitleBarRed

TitleBarRed

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thank you Big Bang Theory


During one of my many ritualistic web surfs, an interesting article caught my eye under Google's Sci/Tech section, specifically the name Higgs Boson. Almost unknowingly I clicked to read up on Wednesday's discovery of what many are calling the "God" partial that acts more like a wave. A few sentences into the article it hit me, I actually knew what this was all about! How you ask? Because I watch the Big Bang Theory.

Mind you, I have no idea what this new discovery from the Large Hadron Collider all means, nor do I believe that this changes any real aspect of my life. But, I can acknowledge that this is a big deal. My interest also caused me to read not one, but several articles about this amazing revelation. If this show can assist in stirring up interest in a middle aged computer geek, I can only hope there are some younger people that this could act as the inspiration to learn as much as possible about physics and the universe we live in. Maybe in a few decades we'll be hearing a laureate speech about how that zany Leonard and Sheldon inspired them so many years ago.

Until such a time, I would like to thank Chuck Lorre and the fantastic writers and actors of Big Bang, for I now know that; 

Hydrogen or "H" + (pigs minus pea) + Bow + General Zod trapped in the phantom ZONE + Pear + Tickle = Higgs Boson Particle!

How could you not get that? It's all there.





No comments:

Post a Comment