TitleBarRed

TitleBarRed

Monday, July 22, 2013

Obviously! (An update to 'Seriously?')

Almost one year ago to date, I created a blog post on the disappointments that I've come across in my days. Some might refer to issues ranging from unstuffed cheese sticks and yielding to paraplegics as first world problems, to which I quickly retort, "Yeah, you're probably right.". The first photo of my collection was of a Taco Bell taco that was severely lacking in the 'everything' category.

Today, however, I post bearing good news, treating myself to a rare trip through the Taco Bell drive up lane I once again decided that a Doritos Locos Taco sounded good. I proceeded to over-enunciate my order (dor-REE-toes), paid, received and enjoyed a nice 'full' taco.

When I was done enjoying my junk food inspired, sodium ridden, largely, mostly, a slim majority, some beef included meal, I began discarding the wrappers and containers, but paused when tossing my receipt upon noticing the 'NEW iPad!' print on the back side that peaked my interest to read more. The concept was straightforward enough; take a short survey, win an iPad, 'eh why not?

My experience was overall pretty good, and I started to fill out the survey as such, but did a double take when I came across the question "Was your Taco visually full?"

I've done it! Obviously, my subtle and condescending outcry a year ago has forced the hand of the taco titan to change it's ways, and it was just waiting for me to give them another chance to fulfill its mission to satisfy my desire for 'visually full' tacos. Upon hitting the 'Yes' option, I can only assume that a board of shadowy figures burst out in jubilation and back patting.

Well done Taco Bell, in the universe of winning my over my own little consumer report, you have upgraded your status to a solid 'C+' wedging you between second hand ladder shops and gardening centers owned by people named 'Doug'. And, should this ringing endorsement move you to reimburse my good will towards you, you already know how to get a hold of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment