TitleBarRed

TitleBarRed

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I am Thankful For!

Readers of this blog know that I try and put a humorous twist on the pressing events of the day, but that sometimes I can descend into downright indecency. So, in the spirit of the holidays, and especially Thanksgiving, I want to take a much healthier and affectionate view on things and share with you a those items that I am truly grateful for.

Family and Friends - Without whom I would be a crazy old hermit yelling out the wall without any family and friends. Instead of just being a crazy old hermit yelling at the wall.

Military Service Men and Woman - Without whom our history tombs would liken that of Poland's.

The Makers of Cheerios and Underpants - Without which my Saturday mornings would consist of oatmeal and copious amounts of couch disinfectant.

Google - For making me about 300% better at my job then what I would otherwise be.

The guy (or gal) who invented the little plastic things that go on the end of your shoelace - What are those called? How did we ever progress as a society without them?

Internet Meme's - For giving me something to look at on the internet that doesn't require me to empty my browsing history afterwards.

 Woman - They know why.

Timothy Zahn - For starting the expanded Star Wars novel universe, which has delighted me for hours and days on end since it began almost 20 years ago. (God rests it's soul now that Disney is making movies that will most likely destroy it's canon.)

Politics - For letting me use, as an intro, for when I have bad news to tell my wife. "Hey honey, I have to tell you something, you're not going to like it, but the good news is it has nothing to do with Politics."

On Hold Phone Music - Otherwise they could have just hung up. We'd never know.

Cheeseburgers - For keeping my self esteem in check all these years.

Half Priced Books - Especially when they have a 50% off sale!

Ice Cream - It knows why.

Electric Razors - How did the founding fathers all stay so clean shaven?

My Morning Commute - 20 minutes of time to come up with all the excuses I need to get me through the day.

My Afternoon Commute - 20 minutes of time to come up with all the excuses I need to get me through the evening.

Free water and plumbing at work - It gets taken for granted. It really does.

Shoes that you can just wedge your foot into rather then untie and then have to retie each time - It's easier then Velcro, without the embarrassing accusations of having the intelligence of a 4 year old.

Society's 80's Cartoon Nostalgia - Without which there is no Transformers live action movie, no ThunderCats Cartoon Network remakes, and no resale value in the box of toys buried in my parents basement.

That's it, I think everything else is fairly well compensated for it's role in my life. Except for maybe one more thing.

Blog Readers - sure you could get their information and entertainment from people who have studied their craft for years and hold themselves to a standard of quality and decency.... I thought I had somewhere I was going with this.... oh well...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment