TitleBarRed

TitleBarRed

Friday, January 3, 2014

Personal Top 10 for 2014

A list of the ten things that I am personally excited about in the coming year;

10. Business Traveling - For the first time I get to leave the state on someone else's dime. Well, not counting that time I got married and my parents sent me away with the new misses to Florida. That was pretty awesome also. Hopefully it will just as much fun when you are expected to work every day and your wife is alone back at home.

9. The next season on The Walking Dead - Or more precisely the second half of the current season. Having read most of the published comics I have a pretty good idea of where the story may be going, but the show deviates enough to keep you guessing what it's going to do next.

8. Getting out onto the golf course - I feel like for the first time in a long time, my overall game took a step forward last summer after sporting some new clubs. Hoping to build off that so I can stop using my toes to tally up my score on every hole.

7. Midterm Elections - I'll call up Vegas and place some heavy bets that not a lot is going to change in congress, probably retain 95% of them. Also, what margin will Branstad win his seemingly millionth re-election bid. Who doesn't love to see Democracy in action?

6. Whatever movie Marvel comes out with - Not since Star Wars do I believe a movie franchise raised expectations and engrossed so many geeks then what Disney/Marvel have been able to do with the Avengers universe. Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy both look pretty epic!

5. My wellness test scores in the spring - As is the trend in many places, my place of work has hired a bunch of people that are not doctors to come in and tell us how unhealthy we are under the threat of higher insurance premiums and having to sit through a full year of 'life coaching' if we do not hit certain metrics. For the most part I pass these tests, but last year, despite my overall scare clearing the level where I could be classified as 'healthy' They decided my cholesterol was too high and stuck me in their program anyway. I'm hoping some subtle changes this year lowered that number just enough to get me out of these awkward, borderline harassing meetings each month with a non-doctor about how I'm living my life.

4. Jacobson Family Vacation - Sounds like we are spending a weekend in Chicago again this year with the In-Laws. Hoping the Cubs don;t suddenly get good as to keep ticket prices nice and low, but then miraculously become epic-y awesome the day we catch a game.

3. Watching lots of Kernels Games - My hometown professional baseball team. The Low-A Minnesota Twins affiliate Cedar Rapids Kernels. Last year we saw Byron Buxton and Javier Baez, both of whom appear to be on pace to be huge names in 2-5 years. Can't wait to see who takes the field this year.

2. Summer - Maybe only because it's 8 below outside right now, and next week they are talking about it being 25 to 30 below before windchill with snow, but something is making me long for warmer days.

1. 5 Year Anniversary - Still don't have any plans for what we are going to do come September (and am very receptive to suggestions) It will be hard to top last years trip to Denver. I still can't believe it's been 5 years already.


No comments:

Post a Comment